Join our team and play a role in advancing equity justice in Canada. ArtsPond is a changemaker of a different sort. Devoted to radical inclusivity, our mandate is to nurture healthy ecosystems that promote social, spatial, economic, digital, and accessibility justice by fostering cooperative actions fusing social innovation and the arts on-the-ground and in-the-cloud.
About the role
Knowledge Seekers, DigitalASO / OSANumériques are an integral part of ArtsPond’s impact practices research and evaluation team, which includes Knowledge Seekers and Knowledge Stewards. In collaboration with Executive Leads and Knowledge Steward, Knowledge Seekers are tasked with identifying and developing community knowledge, relationships, and networks in service of scoping the design of a cross-sectoral, national Digital Arts Services Alliance / Alliance des services d’arts numériques.
In 2021, three Knowledge Seeker positions address the perspectives of the Maritimes-Atlantic Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia), Québec, and Central Canada (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northwestern Ontario).
Incubated by ArtsPond, the goals of DigitalASO / OSANumériques are to help foster a national innovation ecosystem for shared digital transformation of Canadian arts, culture, and arts services in response to collectively identified systemic issues. Featuring strategic alliance-, literacy-, and platform-building actions with regional and national stakeholders onsite and online, this transformative cooperative governance effort seeks to identify and strengthen regional advantages, national champions, cross-disciplinary institutions, shared digital resources and human-cloud infrastructure to help collectively bolster digital justice for all in Canadian arts and culture.
In 2021, DigitalASO’s planned activities rooted in human-centered design include the cooperative publication of a digital transformation manifesto, co-design of an open source ecosystem mapping and matchmaking digital tool, and the scoping of a national alliance to help sustain access and inclusion for equity-seeking groups from the arts, cultural, and creative industries in the digital world.
- Strengthen ecology: Help strengthen regional and national ecosystems with humility and a generous spirit of reciprocity
- Sustain culture: Sustain an internal and external culture that respects wholeness and the multi-dimensionality of difference, including beliefs, values, needs, and experience
- Enable equity: Enable access and inclusion by fostering trust through open and honest dialogues led by impacted equity-seeking groups.
Specific responsibilities include:
Outreach and Engagement (50%)
- Identify new regional contacts for DigtialASO, and activate existing regional contacts in support of DigitalASO
- Participate in and keep track of community issues and dialogues, promoting ArtsPond programs and activities where appropriate
- Represent ArtsPond in a professional manner maintaining the role of ambassador and advocate. Invite positive regional audience engagement with DigitalASO, setting up introductory meetings and establishing network connections
- Act as primary liaison between community contacts and ArtsPond, working to build and deepen regional relationships
- Act as conduit of regional knowledge gathering, helping participants understand what is being asked of them, deepening relationships by personalizing questions and activities, offering relevant content to them, and sharing relevant insights and knowledge with central ArtsPond staff and team
- Demonstrate sensitivity, respect and understanding of privacy needs of underserved community members, applying sound judgement to determine what information is personal, private, confidential, anonymous, and what information to share.
- Work with Executive Leads and Associate Producer to identify and establish regional priorities for community engagement, and creating outreach and engagement targets
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of a marketing calendar, including actively contributing to social media content creation and posting
- Create newsletter, blog posts, and social media posts
- Regularly contribute to, update, and maintain ArtsPond contact lists and prepare list regularly for mailouts and import into CRM (HubSpot)
- Meet established targets for regional representation at and participation in DigitalASO events and program activities
- Preparation of social media posts that assist in regional storytelling and representation of regional activities.
Research and Evaluation (15%)
- Contribute to project evaluation by participating in debrief sessions, and documenting experiences to help continuously improve the impact of all ArtsPond an DigitalASO activities.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Creative and interested in ideas and digital innovation
- A natural collaborator, self-starter attitude, able to adapt and learn new skills quickly, with a history of working alongside different stakeholders to deliver projects
- Familiarity with or a passion for arts and culture in Canada, including strong domain knowledge of chosen region (Central Canada, Martimes-Atlantic Canada, or Quèbec)
- Advanced reading, verbal, and written communications skills in English and/or French
- High level of familiarity with computer programs, especially Microsoft Office365
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude toward achieving goals, including excellent inter-personal communication and attention to detail
- Access to a home office including personal computer (Windows or Mac OS) and internet
This is a flexible, part-time, freelance contract from April to October 2021. Compensation is a flat fee at maximum $5,000 per position. The positions remain open until filled.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your skills and interests related to the position to:
Jessa Agilo, Founder, President + CEO
ArtsPond / Étang d’Arts
Please reference which of the three positions you are applying for in the subject line:
“21107 Knowledge Seeker Quebec”
“21108 Knowledge Seeker Central Canada”
“21109 Knowledge Seeker Maritimes-Atlantic Canada”
ArtsPond is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, creed (religion), colour, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender identity or expression, place of origin, or race, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws. We particularly encourage equity-seeking groups including women, Black, Indigenous, New Canadians, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and other diverse identities, cultures, and origins to apply. While we thank all who take the time to apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org